MINUTES of the MEETING of WONSTON PARISH COUNCIL (WPC)

       Held at 7.30pm on Wednesday 13th January 2016 in the Victoria Hall, Sutton Scotney

 

Present:                   Lucy Dowson (LD), Andrew Wheeler (AW), Clive Cook (CC), Chris Whitehouse (CW).

In attendance:          WCCllr Barry Lipscomb, WCCllr Stephen Godfrey.

Public                       R Parker

Clerk                        Jocelyn Jenkins

 

     

Minutes

 

 

R

1328

1.1

Apologies for Absence. Cllr Judith Polak, HCllr Jackie Porter,

Closed

 

1329

1.2

Any Declarations of Interest to be declared/dispensations agreed. None.

Closed

 

1330

2.1

Minutes of the meeting of 9th December 2015 were agreed and signed.

Closed

 

 

3

 

 Reports – the meeting adjourned during reports.

 

 

 

3.1

The Police: A written report was received from PCSO Amey Stevens. (Appendix 1)

Closed

 

 

3.2

The Public: Mr Rob Parker attended the meeting and asked the Council to consider three matters:

i)That the Council support  the siting of a community defibrillator in Sutton Scotney. Mr Parker volunteered to help assess the local support for a fundraising campaign.

The Chairman advised that the Council had previously considered this matter in 2013 but that it would be added to the next agenda for reconsideration.

ii)Whether the Council were happy that there are three Stockbridge Roads in the Parish.

WCCllr Godfrey advised that WCC recognise By Pass Road rather than Stockbridge Road West. The names of roads are a matter for WCC and not within the remit of the Parish Council.

iii)A further dog bin to be sited on the A30 between Sutton Park Road and Saddlers Close.

WCCllr Godfrey advised that ‘dual’ rubbish and dog waste bins are provided by WCC. The Clerk will investigate whether a bin can be installed at this location.

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

Closed

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

3.3

Report from Hampshire County Councillor Jackie Porter: HCCllr Porter was unable to attend the meeting but submitted a written report (Appendix 2).

Closed

 

 

3.4

Report from Winchester City Councillor Stephen Godfrey:

WCCllr Godfrey advised that the cabinet had met today, seeking to promptly either commence at Silver Hill or cancel the scheme.

He also commented on water levels which have risen very quickly but should fall over the next 10 days if it remains dry. The Flood Action Group will be meeting on 26th January when the flood plan may be actioned.

Closed

 

 

3.5

Report from Winchester City Councillor Barry Lipscomb: WCCllr Lipscomb had no further comments to add.

Closed

 

 

 

The meeting resumed after reports.

 

 

1331

4

Correspondence received by the Clerk since the last meeting.

 

 

 

 

The Council discussed and agreed actions for  the following issues:

 

 

1331.1

4.1

Grants of exclusive Rights of Burial – A question has been raised about these being issued for 25 years. It was agreed that 10 year extensions to the grant can be applied for at no extra charge to the holder. The Clerk will update the Burial Ground Regulations to reflect this additional point.

Closed

 

1331.2

4.2

Rights of Way Team – The number of footpaths on the priority cutting list is to be reduced but there is an opportunity to select which footpaths remain on the priority list. The Clerk will circulate the current list to all Councillors for consideration.

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

Matters arising from the minutes of 9th December 2015.

The Council discussed updates and agreed actions for the following issues:

 

 

1332

5

General Matters

 

 

1332.1

1323.1

Taylors Yard Development – Jill Lee has responded to the Council’s comments about the landscaping proposals. Linden Homes are happy with the small revisions suggested and a final plan will be agreed and implemented as soon as possible.

Old Station Yard Development – The fly-tipping of tyres outside Old Station Yard was reported to WCC on 8 January.

 

 

Clerk

 

1332.2

1323.2

Gratton Trust :

Fields in Trust Registration – It was agreed that the registration should be completed without any extension having yet been made to the lease to the Gratton Trust.

Gate/barrier The barrier has not yet been installed.

 

 

 

Clerk

 

1332.3

 1323.3

Oxford Road Crossing –.Andy Smith (HCC Traffic Management) has advised that this has now been referred to Karen Wright to consider funding from the Minor Works programme or other sources.

It was decided that the Clerk should write to Naomi House to ask whether the crossing point would be beneficial to them.

Clerk

 

1332.4

 1323.4

Affordable Housing – Mags Wylie (Rural Housing Enabler) has advised that plans will be presented to the Council at the March meeting and then to residents at the Parish Assembly which will be used as the second public consultation.

Clerk

 

1332.5

 1323.5

Parish Assembly 2016 – The date for the Parish Assembly was agreed as 14th April 2016. The Clerk will book the Victoria Hall and contact Matt Todd about advertising the event in March and April.

Clerk

 

1332.6

 1323.6

War Memorial – John Holt has offered to prepare a report on the condition of the War Memorial. Quotes for repairs will then be sought as necessary.

C/fwd

 

1333

6

PLAY AREAS

Council discussed and agreed actions for the following:

 

 

1333.1

1324.1

Stoke Charity/Hunton Play Area (STCH&H) – Monthly/Annual Inspection – Cllr Cook has carried out a repair to the dangerous fence post and provided photographs of the other items requiring attention. The lengthsman is to be asked to clear the green mould and Neil Soutar will be asked to quote for the other repairs.

The revised quote from Alvian for new swings, repairs to the slide and extra matting totals £5330 (net) and it was agreed to accept the quote.

Clerk

 

1333.2

1324.2

Pigeonhouse Yard (PHY) Play Area – Monthly/Annual Inspection – The lengthsman will be asked to trim the hedge, weed and clear the mould.

Closed

 

 

7

SOCIAL AMENITIES -  None

 

 

1334

8

HIGHWAYS  ISSUES TABLE -  FOOTPATHS – GRIT BINS

Council discussed updates and agreed actions for the following:

 

 

1334.1

1325.1

Stoke Charity bus shelter –.A quote from Neil Soutar has been accepted  and a request sent asking when the work will be carried out.

Clerk

 

1335

9

PLANNING

 

 

 

 

New Applications detailed below were considered and agreed as follows:

 

 

    1335.1

450

Old Saddlers, Stockbridge Road, Sutton Scotney

Refurbishment of 4 existing flats together with 2 no. storey rear extension and parking.

15/02933/FUL

Support

Closed

 

1336

10

ACCOUNTS/Audit

 

 

1336.1

10.1

Balances: As at 30/12/15 General Reserves are £56,242.42 but after Earmarked Reserves are £28,352.42. Payments for January (detailed below) totalling £1,272.43 were agreed by the Council.

Closed

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HM Revenue & Customs

3rd quarter PAYE

355.40

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stoke Charity with Hunton  PCC

Church & graveyard grant

360.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jocelyn Jenkins

December expenses

83.26

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jocelyn Jenkins

January salary

473.77

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1272.43

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1336.2

10.2

Local Government Pension Scheme/Auto-enrolment – Joining forms for the Clerk have been sent to the Hampshire Pension Scheme.

Closed

 

1337.3

10.3

Budget for Precept 2016/17 – The precept has been applied for from WCC.

Clerk

 

9.30 pm

 

Next meeting –  Wednesday 10th February 2016

 

 

 

Signed: Chairman …..…………….……………..... dated.........................................................